Mommy Makeover is tailored to the unique needs of each patient and may include:
1. Breast lift, or mastopexy, to lift and reshape sagging breasts.
2. Breast augmentation with implants to replace lost volume after breastfeeding.
3. Tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, to remove excess skin from the lower abdomen and tighten overstretched abdominal muscles, restoring your flat pre-pregnancy tummy.
4. Liposuction to remove excess fat deposits from “saddlebag” hips and slim your thighs.
5. Fat injections to enhance hips and buttocks.
Women who choose to have breast augmentation and a tummy tuck as part of their “Mommy Makeover” may elect to have both procedures done at the same time. A typical breast augmentation procedure takes 1.5 hours, and a tummy tuck takes 1.2-2 to 3 hours, so they can safely be done in combination.
It’s advisable to wait until you’re done having children before having a Mommy Makeover, as any future pregnancies may undo the improvements from the surgery. To make sure you’re fully recovered from childbirth, you should wait six months after your last pregnancy—or six months after weaning your youngest child to undergo surgery.